Getting started in business
Starting a business is an exciting process, but if you’re not a qualified bookkeeper, it’s an often-overwhelming experience. There are many important decisions you must make that initially appear straight-forward, but as you learn more about them, you realize that each of them drastically effects how your bookkeeping is done. Moreover, and most importantly, the wrong decisions prevent you from taking advantage of the benefits solid bookkeeping provides when they are professionally managed.
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
One of the important decisions you must make include choosing between a proprietorship and incorporation and then correctly register GST and PST. If you have employees, there are many rules that apply to processing payroll. Different rules apply to different pay schedules (bi-weekly or semi-monthly). And then there’s knowing the best way to collect hours, record STATs and ensure pay cheques are processed on time. Add monthly remittance of source deductions, the need to comply with WCB, employee vs. contractor, etc. As a professional bookkeeping firm, we take care of those decisions for you.
We take the stress out of bookkeeping
From beginning to end, we take you through the process of submitting all government remittances to the CRA. This includes invoicing, bill payments, payroll and getting remittance paid on time.
Properly done books help your business grow
You maintain critical financial information and key performance indicators that aid you in decision making when the books are properly done. These decisions help your business grow quickly and, ultimately, make you more money.
If the CRA decides to perform a random audit on your business, you’ll have nothing to worry about because your books are in order and accurate.
What we do for you
1. Post all the following financial transactions on a weekly basis:
2. Post all business bank transactions – we will post all receipts and payments for all business bank accounts including any PayPal accounts.
3. Post vendor invoices and expenses – we will post expenses to the correct expense accounts enabling you to obtain relevant financial information and comply with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
4. Record cash transactions – we will post all cash transactions where you have proper cash receipts.
5. Credit card transactions and reconciliations – we will post all transactions on your business credit card and reconcile the closing balance each month.
6. Completing payroll journals – if you run a payroll, we will post the correct journals each month.
7. Make adjustments for any foreign currency transactions.
QBO: Access your books from the cloud anytime, anywhere!
QBO is our paperless, cloud-based accounting system that makes your life so much easier. With it, you’ll have the freedom to create invoices, submit them to your clients and receive payment while you’re sitting at a coffee shop between meetings or as you are leaving your clients’ office. The best part is everything you’ve done is automatically stored in the cloud.
Call me to learn more about QBO
~ We take care of the little things so you can enjoy stress-free bookkeeping all year long.
Carol On Call Office Assistance
Carol Kostachuk, CPB
Bookkeeping Services, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm
23851 – 133 Avenue
British Columbia V4R 2V1